Insuretech projects – top ten secrets of success
Innovation has delivered insuretech projects on both sides of the customer/vendor relationship. We understand the factors that make a tech implementation succeed or fail. In this section we share that experience.
Tech projects deliver tech change. They also significantly impact the people and processes of an organisation. It is in these two areas that projects go right, or they doom themselves to failure. A piece of code does what it is logically asked to do.
For an insuretech project to be successful in a client organisation, it must fulfil the needs of the users and fit into the business process. All our secrets relate to this interaction, they are listed below and described on the following pages.
This information was first presented to a TDI (The Digital Insurer) global conference by Innovation.
- Get the requirements clear
- Complexity is a reality, manage it well
- Realistic & collaborative planning
- Get everyone comfortable with realistic timelines
- Don’t expect many people to have deep understanding
- Good project management saves time and money
- Good two-way communication and governance
- Understanding your impact on the client
- Don’t shortcut testing
- MVP vs Quality